This year, Bullfrog Power, Canada’s leading green energy provider, is celebrating 10 years of advancing renewable energy in Canada! As part of our celebrations, Bullfrog is sharing top 10 tips across a variety of topics to help you live a greener lifestyle. If there’s a topic you’d like our green gurus to cover, let us know on Facebook or Twitter or send us an email at email@example.com.
A new school year is a great time to add some new green habits. With just a few small changes, you can make a big difference for the environment. Check out our tips below:
- Walk, bike or scoot to school with your kids, when and where possible. Fresh air and physical activity make for a great start to the day!
- Pack your kids’ lunches in reusable packing. Staples’ Me to We collection includes great reusable lunch bags. Plus, every purchase gives a life-changing gift to a child in a Free The Children community overseas.
- On cooler fall evenings, layer up with a sweater when doing homework instead of turning up the heat.
- Check out R3VOLVED for school and office products made from 100% recycled materials, such as rulers made from recycled plastic water bottles. (R3VOLVED’s products are now available at Walmart—another supporter of Bullfrog Power’s green energy!)
- Need a notepad for jotting down class notes or to-do lists? Try this sugarcane-based option from Staples.
- If your kids use a laptop, tablet or other device to complete their homework, set up a “charging station” at home. Simply plug everything into a power bar and turn it off until you actually need to charge something.
- Bullfrog Power is now offering green power for students’ laptops! For less than $5, students can bullfrogpower their laptops with 100% green energy for the whole year. Learn more here.
- Consider jute, a 100% biodegradable and recyclable fibre, to protect your devices on the go. HeyJute makes cases for smartphones, laptops and more from this unique renewable fibre.
- Once the homework is done, skip the screen time and head outside to enjoy the changing seasons.
- Get the whole family involved in going green! Ask your kids to share ideas for going green at home and school—and work together as a family to make them happen.
HeyJute, R3VOLVED, Staples Canada and Walmart Canada all choose green energy with Bullfrog Power.