Bullfrog Power is proud to announce that six bullfrogpowered partners are listed on Corporate Knights’ 2016 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada ranking.
The bullfrogpowered companies included on the 2016 ranking are:
Here’s how the Best 50 was calculated:
The methodology for the 2016 Best 50 Corporate Citizens of Canada is based on 12 key performance indicators (KPIs) covering resource, employee and financial management. All information is derived from publicly-disclosed data. All eligible entities are contacted for data verification prior to project completion.
1. Energy productivity: Revenue per gigajoule of energy consumption.
2. Carbon productivity: Revenue per metric tonne of direct/indirect GHG emissions.
3. Water productivity: Revenue per cubic metre of water use.
4. Waste productivity: Revenue per metric tonne of non-recycled waste produced.
5. Percentage tax paid: Taxes paid in cash, as a percentage of EBITDA, trailing over the past 5 years.
6. Leadership diversity: Percentage of women on board of directors and in executive management.
7. Clean capitalism pay link: At least one senior executive’s compensation tied to clean capitalism-themed performance targets.
8. CEO-to-average worker pay link: How much more CEO gets paid (expressed as a multiple) compared to average worker.
9. Safety performance: Lost time injury rate and number of fatalities/number of employees.
10. Innovation capacity: R&D expenditure as a percentage of revenue, trailing over the past three years.
11. Employee turnover: Number of departures/number of employees.
12. Pension fund status: Unfunded liabilities / Total assets (2014)
Defined contribution plans expenses (2014)
Congratulations to our partners on being named some of the best corporate citizens in Canada!